April 21, 2013 Uncategorized
1. Having a late flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town and being dropped off at Terminal B… You get approached by a ‘porter’ which does not have porter clothing on. I requested his staff ID and he wants to give me a citizen ID. Nowhere is security in sight to remove the unauthorised worker. Security possibly asking for a fee for him to work there?Read More
2. Paying for my ticket getting approach by a gentlemen asking me at the counter where I am travelling to. This is any con-artist approach performing a litmus test to see if he can ask you any further questions. My response was a firm… ‘Why do you want and need to know?’ Then he said he lost his credit card and just need R75.00 to pay for a ticket. He even said he had good he can sell me… what a load of BS...
January 3, 2013 Uncategorized
How can you celebrate an increase in a pass mark when the requirement for passing is a 33% overall?
National Senior Certificate defines a Pass Mark as follows:
The following levels must be met as a minimum requirement to proceed to the next grade.
- Home Language: Level 3 (minimum 40%)
- First Additional Language: Level 2 (minimum 30%)
- Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy: Level 2 (minimum 30%)
- Life Orientation: Level 3 (minimum 40%)
- 2 Subjects (Electives): Level 3 (minimum 40%)
- Remaining Subject (Elective): Level 2 (minimum 30%)
We need to up this requirement to 50% to be inline with international standards. The content of the curriculum needs to be reviewed as well...Read More
December 19, 2012 Certification & Training
A 30 minute overview of the CISSP® Bootcamp which I started putting together in 2000 and updated since.Read More
December 19, 2012 Photography
My passion (escapism) is photography as it is an form of expression and art at the same time. My favorite toys at the moment are the Canon 60D and the Canon SX50HS bridge camera. The SX50HS always at my side as the lens ranges from 24mm to 1200mm (Yes 1.2m).
Wildlife, Macros and HDR is my direction at present with all the pictures used on this site snapped personally.Read More
Welcome to my personal site where I get involved in development of educational material, do my personal soap box, as well as trying to mentor as many as possible on a career path in my line of work where I have great satisfaction.
See the About page for information on the mentor program and I will be updating the contents to be officially active on the 1st January 2013.